'Magic' Drink - Lemongrass with Granny Smith Apples

The "Magic Drink"

Today I am going to make a special 'Magic' drink again for my parents.

Have you ever heard about the Lemongrass with Granny Smith Apple Drink?

I learned this recipe from one of my friends few years ago. I still remember he took this drink as one of his weight management methodology. He found that it was quite effective in his weight loss program.  

This year, I was told that this recipe could be used for treating knee problems of elderly.

I have done some research on Lemongrass and Granny Smith Apples. If you are interested to find out more in details, please follow my blog on the upcoming review on Health Benefits of Lemongrass and Granny Smith Apples.

Here, I want to share with you the most precious experience of my parents. My dad is actually a very picky eater. However, he is able accept the taste of this 'Magic' drink and even requests me to make the drink continuously for him & my mum twice a week. Few weeks later, my dad told me that he feels more energetic as his knees problem have improved and My mum's back pain has also gradually gone. Now, they are able to join me for some outdoor activities :)

I hope you enjoy this 'Magic' recipe.

Ingredients:-
8 stalks Lemongrass (either pounded or cut to release the flavour)
3 medium size Granny Smith Apples (Green Apples)
4.5 litres water (recommend to use purified water*)

 
                                                               8 stalks of Lemongrass



                                                     3 medium size Granny Smith Apples


Method:-

1. Wash and cut the the Lemongrass into halves. Wash, peel & cut the Granny Smith Apples into cubes.

 


2. Boiled the water and put all ingredients into a big stainless steel pot over the high heat for 5 minutes.




4. Then, cover the pot and continue to cook over the low heat for another 1 hour 30 minutes.



5. The "Magic Drink" is now ready.


Tips: You can serve the drink with some honey/brown sugar.
        Keep the drink in freezer for not more than 3 days. 
        Also good for weight loss.

* Notes:-
1. The purified water which I used to make the drink is actually generated through a Alkaline Ionizer. It's a very good product for daily usage & consumption. I will introduce it in my future post. Stay tuned.

Comments

  1. Do you have to drink it every day? One glass each time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when is the best time to drink? night time or empty stomach in the morning?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Danmuji or Takuan???

Granny Smith Apples